There is nothing better for your heating and/or air conditioning system than annual maintenance. Annual maintenance allows your system to work at peak efficiency year in and year out. A system that is maintained annually experiences considerably fewer breakdowns.
This virtually eliminates the need for you to pay for costly repairs. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that your system is saving you money on your utility bills every time it comes on.
In some instances, the energy savings are enough to pay the cost of the planned annual maintenance service.
Join our Extra Privilege Agreement plan today
EPA Tune-Up Includes:
- Clean and adjust burner assembly
- Clean ignition assembly
- Examine heat exchanger
- Monitor flue draft
- Monitor refrigerant pressure / level
- Test starting capabilities
- Test safety controls
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Measure for correct air flow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure volt/amps
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust thermostat calibration
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible
- Clean condensor coil
- Clean condensate drains
- Measure temperature difference
- Apply protective coating to unit
- Adjust gas pressure
- Adjust pilot
- Monitor a/c and heating cycles
- Reduce Cooling and Heating Costs: saving you money!
- Protects Your Home: assures proper and safe equipment operation!
- Improve Your Equipment Efficiency: get the most from your investment!
- Priority Customer: guaranteed service within 24 hours or your diagnostic is free!
- Add Years to Equipment Life: peace of mind!
- Agreement is Transferable: adds value to your home!
- Improved Dependability: comfort available when you want it!
- Discount on Repair Service: save 15% on all necessary repairs!
Appliance Service Plans: Read the Fine Print
Many utility companies offer home appliance service plans that provide repair coverage on furnaces, central air conditioners, clothes washers and dryers, range/ovens, and many other home appliances. Under these types of plans, the customer pays the company a yearly fee and the company agrees to repair any appliances covered under the plan. In the event of a covered repair, customers are not charged for parts, labor, or a service trip. However, as with any maintenance or service plan, you should read the fine print carefully to make sure you understand the costs, terms, and limitations of these plans.
Before purchasing an appliance service plan, consider the following:
Always consider whether the yearly cost is worth the advantage of having coverage in the event of an appliance breakdown. Companies offer a variety of service plans. Costs vary, depending on the type of coverage each plan offers. For example, a basic plan covering only a furnace can cost around $70-85 a year. A deluxe plan covering all major appliances might cost over $220 a year.
Covered Services And Non-Covered Services
Always ask for a complete list of covered services and parts, and what is not covered. Some services and parts you might expect to be covered may not be covered. For example, a furnace tune-up and safety check is not covered under most standard furnace service plans.
Some utility companies use employees other than their own for service calls (contractors). Ask the company if its contractors are licensed, bonded, and carry appropriate insurance. Request a list of the company’s approved contractors,
Limitation of Liabilities
Carefully review the terms and conditions of the plan. An appliance service plan limits the company’s liability if it is unable to respond to a service call or successfully repair a covered appliance. For example, under most plans, companies will not pay for repairs when the company hasn’t responded to a service call promptly due to workload emergencies and weather conditions and the customer has to have someone else repair a broken appliance. Under some plans, if the company’s cost to repair an appliance exceeds its current market value, the company will not repair it. Ask for a copy of the terms and conditions of the plan and review it carefully.